6.04.2011

Brown Betty Songs

I'd hardly classify what I've just smoked as marijuana. It's... it's a hybrid. Of Chronic Supernova and Afghani Kush. I call it Brown Betty.

WALTER/FICTIONAL RACHEL: "Something happens and I'm head over heels. I never find out till I'm head over heels. Something happens and I'm head over heels. Don't take my heart, don't break my heart... don't, don't, don't throw it away."
Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels

FICTIONAL BROYLES: "...and you just can't escape from the sound... don't worry too much, it'll happen to you... we were children once playing with toys..."
Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

FICTIONAL ASTRID: "I really need this job... please God, I need this job... I've got to get this job..."
A Chorus Line - I Hope I Get It


FICTIONAL OLIVIA: "For once in my life, I have someone who needs me. Someone I've needed so long, for once unafraid I can go where life leads me, and somehow I know I'll be strong. For once in my life, I won't let sorrow hurt me... not like it's hurt me before. For once I have something I know won't desert me. I'm not alone anymore."
Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life

SINGING CORPSES/ FICTIONAL WALTER: "Who can take a sunrise? Who can take a sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew? Sprinkle it with dew? Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two? The Candy Man... the Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good."
da Willy Wonka e la fabbrica di cioccolato - The Candy Man